We hope to hit the early bird vendor room at 9am then check out the artist's alley for gravi fanart before forchan's panel at 11am. I have blank CDs for you to replace the Gakuen Heaven ones! (and it's about time we met since we've known each other since our DBZ days, centuries ago!)
The only other panel I plan to attend tomorrow is the Our Resin Bishounen at 4pm. The rest of the Sat panels will be last-minute choices.
rat and I had a great day talking, writing, dolls and fandoms with sakushamishou. We walked around, talked with folks with and without dolls, went up to our room where sakushamishou had to perform elastic surgery on her beautiful Agge, ordered and ate pizza, went over to the Clarion to see the cosplay and finally walked back to the Weston lobby with dolls in hand to grab a drink from the bar. We had them sitting around on a large couch in the lobby lounge, where they drew people to them to chat about them. It looks like a few vendors will be selling doll stuff - sweet! Come on, Gravi fanart - be there!
sakushamishou got the guys adorable toys as pressies! Hatori got a stuffed seahorse, Chikara got a brontosaurus and Shuichi got a stuffed lion. Now for those Gravi fans who 'get' that, you remember a story called First Line, where Shuichi says, "Yuki's a lion!"? sakushamishou wrote that great story, as well as other wonderful stories I know you have read and adored. I was spoiled by finding eidolon tree's stories so soon into my Gravi beginnings - I have high expectations because of that work. I think that's why I get disgusted by the majority of the work out there and treasure those who can actually write. It's part of the many reasons GMM came into being.
We missed the opening ceremony but that's okay. I suspect it was crowded. We were having a lot of fun relaxing, eating pizza and talking and it just did not seem important to go. Afterward was a great cosplay photo op so I was running around and snapping shots.
despina, jade heart and ashcat - we Gravi writers NEED to meet! You missed Shuichi in his flower dress today. He will be in his fuku on Saturday!
Well, rat is snoring through an infomercial about figurines (???) so I think it's time to go to sleep, especially since I will be crawling out of bed at 6:30am later.
Oh, the pancakes at the Clarion restaurant were yummy!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*